Monday, February 23, 2009

More of the self-guided tour































Got a little cow dung between my toes when I wandered into the milking room. Snapping a photo of this guy attaching the automatic milker produced an "Hare Ram" from him. I think he was a little taken aback by the sudden audience during this private moment with the cow. The teeny calf in back had to wait his turn at the teat. I wandered to the back of the property and came across this little settlement of shacks and snapped a photo of a little girl finishing her bath. Everything pretty much happens out in the open here. Earlier in the day I saw a very old woman bathing by a public water pump, naked from the waste up, squatting by the side of the road, young boys, men and me walking by. She didn't care, nor did they seem to notice. Saw a man brushing (or rather cleaning since no brush was involved) his teeth in the typically Indian fashion with black tooth powder and his index finger outside his room at the ashram, instead of inside in the bathroom which has no sink, just faucets in the wall in an enclosed bathroom. The little girl in pink above was too cute to pass up. I think she lives behind the ashram in the shacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment