Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hospice Update





















We had a ground breaking ceremony for the new Hospice at Prabhat Tara Sanstha. Unfortunately, it was purely ceremonial. There are many hoops to jump through in order to actually get started. Number one is water source. The plan is to dig a bore well in the next few days. I met with the engineer (builder) and Timothy and a board member and modified the drawings for the facility. The engineer is working on revisions. Then they must approve the project with the local village leader. All of this will take 2 weeks. I leave the area on the 21st. Timothy purchased 10,000 bricks with the money I sent in December from my Christmas gifts to my family and a large donation from my dear friend, Rebecca. Timothy and I are working on a name for the building, and on teaching the hospice philosophy to the local community, people in the redlight districts and people in Timothy's church.

No comments:

Post a Comment