Monday, February 23, 2009

Exploring Sri Ramanasramam



















I enjoyed the ashram a little more fully after bathing, sleeping a few hours, eating a full meal and of course shopping a teeny bit. That always puts me in a great mood. So I caught a fairly good close up of a peacock and better yet, caught some of the strange cry on video with some preening behavior which involved opening the feathers a little, not the full on sexual display, but something worth seeing. I happened in on a bhajan singing below the huge portrait of Sri Ramana Maharshi in his diaper sitting on a tiger skin (not happy about that detail, the tiger RIP). Then another bhajan singing group which was a call and response with men and women. I snapped the photo without flash to show the hall. In the back is the shrine with the ashes of the Guruji (hence no flash).

No comments:

Post a Comment