Sunday, February 1, 2009

Accomodations


My room at the Ashram is very comfortable. It's a double, but I don't have a roomie. The bathroom took some getting used to. That's a flush hole-in-the-floor toilet. No paper allowed. So I use the old water and left hand technique. No hot water in the bathroom, so I get a bucket and fill it at the water heater in the hallway near my room, bring it in the bathroom and mix it with cold and pour it over myself, standing up. Then I soap up, rinse off and squeegie the water down the drain. I don't use the cold water shower in the bathroom because the air temp is very chilly here, probably around 40 degrees Fahrenheit in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. Wow nice paint! This is why I like your blog. Keep up the good work. Want more traffic to your blog? visit www.malindi.ws

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god - my worst fears confirmed! Beam me up, Scotty! Left hand? I don't think so!

    ReplyDelete