Thursday, February 5, 2009

Arrival in Miraj







I arrived in Miraj at 5:45 am on the Mahalaxmi Express from Mumbai. Dad and a driver were on the platform to meet me! Yeah! Back to the Wanless Hospital Guest House for breakfast and a shower. Yesterday we had supper with a pharmacist and his family (pictured above left). He had open heart surgery a few years ago and has become friends with my dad. I was able to do some preliminary hospice medication availability research with him. The bad news is Morphine is not readily available for home use, but there is a way. I will be pursuing that. We went to a place where people with leprosy make woven goods. (see middle photo above). The last photo of the bullock cum cart was taken in the center of Miraj when Joan and I were on a mission to get some punjabi clothing made for me. Soon you will see photos of me having gone somewhat native.

No comments:

Post a Comment