Saturday, January 17, 2009

Hospices in Mumbai

After a teeny bit of internet research I have discovered that there are actually hospices in India already. Actually, my friend, Hanife clued me in on that one. So, there are 2 in Mumbai that serve people with AIDS. Niramay Niketan in Trombay, and Jyoti Terminal Care Centre at Kalamboli. I'm hoping that I can figure out exactly where these centers are and perhaps visit them on my way through Mumbai, which it turns out is the hub of all travel by air or by train, so I will be passing through there a few times on my way from here to there.

3 comments:

  1. Great, Cynkie! Can't wait to start following your trip. Creating this blog is a good idea. :-) Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! It is Jen, Lane's friend...
    We would love to hook up with you if it is possible....email me at jenmc36@yahoo.com so we can work out details.
    We plan to be in the north after Feb,5th. We leave India March 6th. I hope we can make it work! Have a safe trip here,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. how quickly the time approaches...you must be 1-thrilled 2-overwhelmed? 3-anticipating 4-nervous 5-ALL OF THE ABOVE!!! wishing I could jump on with you and help you make a difference...YOU GO GIRL...best to you on this adventure...

    ReplyDelete